Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Class This Year

This year seems like it's going to be a tough one.  I'm going into my third year as a first grade teacher, and I was given all of the first grade SPED kids.  I have one little girl that is ADHD, has behavior issues, and some other things.  There's four of them total in my class.  I have maybe five pretty strong students and the rest are weak.  There's maybe 2 that are on the first grade level.  I feel like I have my work cut out for me this year, but I'm definitely up for the challenge.

I was supposed to be incorporating the daily 5 into my school day this year, but I'm thinking it will be modified a lot to fit the needs of my babies this year.  I also wanted to include WBT this year, I was being oh so very ambitious!  We've incorporated the rules, class/yes, and teach okay.  I hope to introduce the scoreboard and the super improver wall this week.  

We also have a math program that's not very challenging for kids, and I'm searching for ways to supplement it.  Any advice about any of the challenges I'm facing this year?  I'd love to hear it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment